View Single Post
      03-29-2020, 04:12 PM   #79
Chris@VargasTurboTech
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: All Things TurboCharged

I do not recall the exact details, as we have been saying (over and over) the spline lock AND the CBC used together is the complete solution, but IIRC, one example is a guy in Europe who had a CBC only, stock hub, upgraded turbos and meth, power unknown, it let go on hard driving on the street. Another one here in the US bought a car used with CBC on it, untuned, put it on the dyno with E85 and spun the hub pretty much immediately (stock turbo). I've personally interacted with a few cases like that, we always try to be perfectly clear; yes, the CBC does provide some protection by itself, but it only addresses one of the two mechanisms of slipped hubs. Run a spline lock with a CBC and stop worrying about it altogether.

Remember, the forums are one subset of people's experiences and they start to sort of be their own ecosystem based on perception of posts/etc. I get tons of emails about this and encourage people to contact me directly if you have questions or want some 40,000' overview on how we see things.

Chris

Last edited by Chris@VargasTurboTech; 03-29-2020 at 04:18 PM..
Appreciate 3