12-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #136
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinwolfsclothing View Post
True it will likely be close in a straight but def not on the track and not in terms of overall performance or as a drivers car. 991 is THE bar and by tw time the m3/4 is out the facelift 991 will be out packing even more benchmarking peformance and handling than it has although the two are not competitors. I'd be getting a 991 if it weren't for my fiancé and I having a baby and we already have 3 cars and my e92 m3 replacement is going to be an m3 or Macan turbo but likely m3 since we already have one SUV.

Same could be said that a mustang or ctvs or c7 could also be competitor or beat the m3 for 25-30k less. Price is not a good way to compare seeing as porsche makes a premium product over bmw just as bmw makes a product with premium over ford/Chevy/caddy.

I still don't believe the weight until a car mag actually weighs it with all options and tech.

I think only the Mustang will be $25-30k less. I think the regular Mustang will still be notches down to the F80, and when you get to the future specialty models like the Boss(which will likely approach $50k) and the Shelby($60k) the cost differential is largely eroded. The CTS-V will be big money as the CTS-VSport is $60k and more sized like the M5. So that will leave the ATS-V which if they are smart will start at $55-57k, undercutting the M3 by about $5-7k. A bit of conjecture on my part, but we'll see.

'98 Dinan/RMS stage 2+(VAC cams, CES Cutring etc)
'15 Buick Regal "T"(wife)
'06 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt (full suspension, LSD, clipped turbo etc)
Appreciate 0