Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAOZKAN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3IGHTY View Post
Mine squeek sporadicly, but if you bed them in well (smoking hot) they should stay quiet for a while. It's fairly aggressive for a 'street pad'.
Thank you! I guess I couldn't bed them in properly. I tried 10+ 60-10mph decelerations until I felt some fade but was never able to reach smoking hot. How do you bed them in? Also, I assume street driving will clean up the pad material from the rotors over time due to the aggressive nature of the pads, meaning it will require frequent bed ins. How often do you usually bed them in?
Mine only squeak after car wash or when the car is left in a very cold environment for a long time. However in both cases the squeaking goes away with 10-15 min drive. To be honest, I don't bed street pads, I only bed the track pads. I'm really surprised to hear that they are squeaking for you. Maybe you can try to remove them and clean with a pad cleaner then bed them again? When I need to bed my track pads I make 10 times 5-120-5miles stops then drive around 30minutes at 80-90miles.
That's the exact opposite of what I'm experiencing. During the first 10-15min of the drive, there is absolutely no noise at all. Then they start squealing below 10mph. When I go for some spirited driving on the backroads, the more push the car, the louder the brakes get. This almost make me wanna double check they are DS2500s not some other compund. I talked another local friend of mine and he pretty much said the same thing as you.
Appreciate 0