Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 30 Jahre M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RElias21 View Post
I think it's important to consider the fact that whatever you paid for your lease is already over and done with. You can't get that back. So I think you should take that completely out of the equation at this point. If you like the car, you're not gonna get that car with that mileage for 52K. So, either you keep it, or you get another car entirely. I think a decision is more about whether you want the car, rather than buyout price.

Also, I've heard that BMW FS May knock it down for you A grand or so. I will call them and find out.

Good luck.
That's a good point about the sunk cost fallacy. The money is already spent at this point. Just debating if I want the M2 Competition now with brand new warranty and maintenance. Also thinking about getting a manual this time.

Are you saying I won't get this car for 52k because it'll be more or less than that? And I thought the residual couldn't be negotiated?

I like the car but I don't really drive it the way it should. Never tracked or autocrossed, but if I get the manual M2 I feel like I'd be more involved with the car and keep it for several years. I'm also considering the Audi RS3 at this point as well. Thanks for your input!
I meant that you won't find a 2017 F80 ZCP, with 22k miles on it with original MSRP of 85k for $52,000 right now, much less one whose history you are sure of.

I was in the market, looking nationwide, for a long while until very recently and everything I was seeing was more than that.
Appreciate 0