View Single Post
      10-11-2021, 09:54 AM   #7
TouringM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 6MT / '16 F31

Garage List
!!!Unplanned update to this thread!!!

I've been out in Mammoth, CA for a few days with the "Avantoberfest" event (a driving, dining, fun hangs event for wagon & hatchback nerds).

There were 3 RS6s here, and of course, i was both geeked and eager to see how they compare against each other at differing tunes, and against my M3 Wagon.

So, out on a very deserted stretch of interstate I had a chance to do about a 50-roll.

MUCH to my surprise, I was slowly but steadily walking away both times we pulled. I was certain that the driver was only giving partial throttle, or something like that, because I think of RS6s as having such bonkers performance, but perhaps i've been under-estimating or undervaluing just how capable these S55 engines are, even with "only" a BM3 stage 1 tune and exhaust.

I was giddy, still am. So fun.

Afterwards, the driver was also really excited, and asked me... "So just how fast IS THIS THING"? You were pulling on me the whole run. I could only shrug my shoulders and tell them what the tune says i'm supposed to be putting down, and that "the car has only been running for like a month, so i have no idea"!!!

Their car: RS6 w/ Stg1 software, and Akrapovic exhaust. Unsure about downpipes. (The white one in the photo) The wrapped one is at like 900hp and would have eaten me alive

My car: M3 w/ BM3 Stg 1, AFE Intakes, catless downpipes, AWE exhaust
Attached Images

Instagram: @TouringM3
Appreciate 1
duky1316.50