View Single Post
      09-29-2014, 07:23 AM   #56
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

back from road atlanta. xp10's squeal like a banshee on street. work perfectly on a very high speed and heavy braking track. spent two days mostly with students riding along. only change was the pads. i kept my same oem fluid. I want to change as few variables as possible so i can directly relate my experience. so the car performed extremely well for being completely stock other the the pads. i treated it just like i did my GT3 RS. warmed it up for half a lap and then start adding speed. same braking points as GT3's on the course that day. no hint of fade entire time. i just cool off the brakes before pitting in on the back straight. don't even need a full lap. I will post a separate review on the cars performance but relative to brakes i'm happy with the XP10's. i feel they are very easy to modulate. consistent predictable and linear in threshold braking. on the street even cold they stop the car well. just the banshee siren call when cold is the only issue for some I think. and they will be cold until you get on a track. no way you heat them up enough on public roads without doing some very illegal and dumb stuff. maybe a little brake quiet and some caliper grease will help.

PS big thanks to Ilia and IND for getting me them in time for track! you guys are awesome!!!
Also my shop is about to open in Augusta and I have to thank my master technician again for getting these bad boys on the car the night before the track event and i don't have to worry about a thing. superb job!