View Single Post
      07-31-2021, 11:29 PM   #157
Gomeler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 M235iR, '16 M4 GTS

I'll be giving the R3 a shot this week. Anything will help, as the car is absolutely covered in rubber.

The M235iR was a fantastic purchase. We did an oil change + brake flush and sent it on the Pirelli DHHBs that it came with. Been a while since I've played with slicks, it was a learning experience to say the least.

Name:  IMG_0726.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  627.1 KB
Livery from the prior owner still on the car. At some point I'll wrap the car. Step one is just cleaning up the vinyl/decals.

Name:  IMG_0727.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  623.4 KB

Poor audio but the car does sound pretty decent in my opinion. It's loud as hell inside, and the cockpit resonates something fierce between 3000-3300 or so. Basically never run below 4k

This was a shakedown for the car, and I primarily wanted to let my old enduro Miata teammates drive the car. We plugged the Catalyst in to just try it out, and I was impressed. I didn't have the audio hooked up since 1) racecar with no speakers 2) forgot my bluetooth headphones. However the post-session information was pretty useful.

I need to dedicate a few days to just get comfortable with the car. I'm not used to having what felt like infinite grip, so I kept pushing things until I spun the car on turn 8. T8 is my damn nemesis with the GTS, it's a very tight 2nd gear corner, and I just ripped the rear free with the M235iR within 3 laps of turning off traction control

I'm very excited to learn more about this car. I'm probably done tracking the GTS, the M235iR was a lot more fun. I guess that's the difference between racecar and street car, even if the racecar is down ~180hp.
Appreciate 4
Jbonly211078.50
SYT_Shadow11479.50
FormulaMMM3662.50
swagon13518.00