View Single Post
      10-17-2018, 09:18 AM   #48
BMV///M3
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW f80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
The lease payments you're all getting quoted are what you'd pay at another marque for a car that's around the same price . BMW isn't so much as ripping you off as they are taking a break from the massive subsidies they've been giving us for years. I hope they come back.

The other issue is that we've had three prime rate hikes in the United States this year, with a fourth one likely next month. All borrowing products are significantly more expensive than they used to be
I think what's happened is BMW may have made a mistake giving such great lease deals. Now buyers want them again when their 60% range residual car is up and are balking and the current rates. This was my first ever lease and i was fortunate enough to have 63% @.0013x. Now the idea of leasing at anything less than 61% seems ridiculous to me. I'm assuming it will be a battle of will between sales figures and customer desire for a BMW. For me personally, I'm more than willing to move on to a competitor, BMW makes an amazing car and my M3 is pure enjoyment. I want another one (preferably an18') but not for hundreds more than what I'm paying now.
Appreciate 2