10-17-2018, 02:44 PM   #50
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435 & 2016 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMV///M3 View Post
I think what's happened is BMW may have made a mistake giving such great lease deals. Now buyers want them again when their 60% range residual car is up and are balking and the current rates. This was my first ever lease and i was fortunate enough to have 63% @.0013x. Now the idea of leasing at anything less than 61% seems ridiculous to me. I'm assuming it will be a battle of will between sales figures and customer desire for a BMW. For me personally, I'm more than willing to move on to a competitor, BMW makes an amazing car and my M3 is pure enjoyment. I want another one (preferably an18') but not for hundreds more than what I'm paying now.
As was stated, any other "premium german car" is going to have a similar payment to what BMW is offering now. The issue ( as was pointed out ), is that BMW inflated residuals to rediculous levels trying to "win the sales crown" in the US and have now backpedaled from that.

The US is no longer BMWs most lucrative market, china is (keep politics out of this please, just talking about money ). They decided they did not want to lose as much per car as they were in the past (go back to being a bit more exclusive, seems to me).

They seem to be ok with selling less units and making a bit more per unit. Coupled with the fact that M3s will not be available for at least a couple of years, and I think that BMW dealers are fine sitting on the M3s... I really doubt there is going to be any sort of a fire sale on them. BMW dealers will tell you "these are not distressed cars" so sitting back and waiting on a fire sale on M3s may be a losing proposition.

There will always be outliers though, so .../shrug.
Appreciate 3