10-25-2018, 09:25 PM   #54
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435 & 2016 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindspin311 View Post
OK guys, help me out, never leased a car before. There's an Avus M3 ZCP at my local dealer calling my name. This is the 1st pass on what the CA told me...

Selling price - 76,922
Money down - 15000 (he took this from what my regular financing downpayment would be)
3yrs/36k miles
Residual - 59% or 45,385
Money factor (whatever this is haha) - 0.00222

Monthly payment - $900

I really wouldnt want to lease with putting 15k down, maybe 5, but 15 is insane. What do you guys think? what part of this is insanity? All of it...
First, you need to read the leasing primer here on bimmerpost, to understand the terms (such as money factor).

Second, "how much of that deal is insanity?" All of it, like you said. I dont pick apart lease deals anymore, but even if someone else does that for you, it wont help you unless you understand the moving parts of a lease.

If you were planning on buying the car, dont let them convince you that you should lease. I love leasing, but its not for everyone. Learn about it and decide if its for you... but you really need to either step back and read about leasing to understand it first, or just skip leasing and negotiate on buying this car instead of leasing it (assuming you have bought a car before and know that part of it).

(leasing 101 thread, right here in bimmerpost, stickied in this very section : https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1084623)
Appreciate 1
BMV///M3418.50