SherM4n
M4 748(a)
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M4, '12 TT RS, '02 TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocL View Post
Obviously on a track a DCT is better.
There's no doubt it's faster, but "better" is depending on what you're after on a track. Performance driving to me is not about speed per se, but about simultaneous problem solving (traffic; grip; line; feedback indicating happiness of tires, brakes, etc.). Having the car do more things for me, and thereby taking some of those problems out of my hands, is anathema to what I'm after. For pro race series, taking as much away from the potentially fallible human pilot is desirable with all the money on the line, but for HPDEs and whatnot, like you later said, the few tenths don't matter, especially if being a bit slower also continues to teach me how to react to needing to do more things at once. Winning the HPDE isn't really a priority.

Some people are after the ultimate lap time or want to concentrate on their placement of the car with less distraction, and they're free to spend their money however they wish, of course. For me, though, shaving time off of laps that include multiple instances where one has to simultaneously and smoothly operate more controls than one has limbs is more personally meaningful.

Tl;dr: some want to be fast; I'd rather be busy.
DocL1930.00
icebiker504.00
M 4 FUN604.50