View Single Post
      01-08-2014, 01:02 PM   #233
BMW M3 CRT
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savory View Post
I didn't misunderstand anything! You and Basscadett want more power and a V8 engine, that's fine! People expect different things from the M3, but I was making a point that as long as the driving experience is holistic, the F8X can provide just as much enjoyment despite having a "inferior" engine to the E9X. Now, what makes no sense is expecting more HP from the M3/M4 WITHOUT DRIVING ONE That is key here. If you want outstanding acceleration numbers, a stellar quarter mile and in gear acceleration, we do not yet know what the new car is capable of. And again, my point was that people should not expect these because historically, the M3 was never the benchmark because of its performance numbers, but because it excelled in the intangibles like feel and driving pleasure.
Also, 430HP is likely underrated since BMW severely underrated the S63Tü
Wrong ... the only thing I want is an M worthy engine ... I don't want/need more hp, but in my opinion the cheapest solution to fulfil the hp demand is never M worthy. The engine is the heart of an M3 an must be unique, special and full of M spirit !!!
Appreciate 0