01-21-2019, 02:22 PM   #1992
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Bags of wine?
There are a number of things that are better in bags.

On another note, I've been feeling annoyed lately and I'm not too sure what I'm going to do about it.

There is an individual who worked at a firm I bought out (sole practitioner with one employee). The employee and I were both offered a chance to buy 50% of the practice each. He declined, so I bought 100% and he left.

Because he worked there for 6+ years (and I only worked there one year) he had a much better relationship with the clients, so he started competing and contacting them. Because he doesn't have an office or any overhead really, there is no way I can match him on price, and I've lost about $40K of annually recurring work to him so far.

I was protected for that loss as an adjustment to the purchase price because I was worried about that, but it is still quite annoying. And we got his wrist slapped a little by our professional body, but basically they did nothing. And after being silent for about 5 months, he just won over another small client last week...and I'm concerned there is going to be another flurry.

I admit part of me wants to offer the service at a loss just for a year or two to try to win them back and destroy him, but at the same time, I don't think the clients that I would get from this would remain loyal (because they wouldn't be that type...like a cheater), and perhaps more importantly, I know this guy's situation...he has a kid and his wife doesn't make too much money and I don't want to hurt his family financially and my wife has a very good job and we are doing ok financially, plus I've won a bunch of brand new work that probably offsets more than half what he took.

I guess the way I see it is if I were to do the above, I would potentially hurt his family and his son and it wouldn't be very Christ like of me to do so, and I am trying to consciously live that way (when I remember to think before I act anyways).

At the same time, turning the other cheek and taking it is a hard thing for my nature...which I know that just because it isn't my nature doesn't make it justified, but I admit it will be a struggle.

While it is just poor form on his part, I think after typing this out and considering it, the best thing for me to do is let it go for now. If it continues, I think I may have no choice but to react, because I can't let him decimate the practice after I paid for it.
Appreciate 2
minn1914070.50
Lups11828.50