View Single Post
      11-24-2017, 01:12 PM   #4
Howard_R
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 Sakhir Orange M4

I've not heard of this issue before. I have a V1 and it would false all the time on oncoming cars that trigger it but that's all. The reality is the laser detector on the V1 is completely useless. I've been nailed by laser and the V1 never went off. Over 99% of the time it's a false alarm, and the other 1% when you are being tagged by the cops it's too late. So your best bet is to simply turn it off. The only protection against laser is a good jammer like Anti Laser Priority.
The V1 is only good to detect Ka band - cops are rarely using X or K band. More and more are using laser. Your best bet is to get the YaV1 app for Android (hopefully you have an android phone) and learn how to set it up - it has GPS lockouts that learn where all the false X bands are etc etc. My V1 rarely goes off unless it's a true threat.
I also have the ALP laser jammer, and use Waze all the time as well.
You can set up your phone using Llama so that when you get in the car it automatically starts up all the apps one after the other without having to do it manually. It's pretty cool once you get it all working.
Appreciate 0