Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: very fast!

2016 M4 - version:
Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 13414
Size:  25.6 KB

www.bmw.com/update shows upd09031 as the current file for my car also and errors with incompatible software. I tried a newer and older USB; FAT32, EXFAT and the results are the same.

Tried renaming the file to upd05074 and get the same message.

I also tried the "Restore" option and evidently you have to have a previous software file to load, so I was unable to go past the initial selection.

I did find a thread somewhere else from about April 2017 that posted a reply from BMW Connected Drive:
"Achmis says that he checked the German and the U.K. website for Software Updates and it seems that there is a known issue and the bugfix was not deployed in the U.K.

Currently there is no new software available for your car/headunit.

There was an error in some country markets where the website frontend was using a wrong interface and thus you get the wrong information for available updates.

The offered updates are not for your car/head unit. So the information you get during the update process is correct.

This information has been passes onto the responsible department to put more pressure on the bugfix deployment. Which will allow you to download Software Updates yourself when available."

I'll be reaching out to BMW Connected Drive tomorrow.

It amazes me that my phone works flawlessly in every car I rent, but not in either of my BMWs.
Appreciate 0