View Single Post
      03-20-2023, 02:21 PM   #53
dkallen21
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 M3 CS & '08 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwurz View Post
Just to throw an update out there, we (BimmerWorld) are still working through the solution and have a few test kits out in the wild with some that have known fuel starvation. The results have been mixed, definitely an improvement on some, then didn't seem to on another, so we want to understand what may have been the issue on the one that it didn't seem to help before putting our stamp of approval on it. Obviously this time of year the track time has slowed down for many, but we do have some other testing that is supposed to be done by the end of the month. So hopefully around the end of the month/early March we'll be able to give a more complete answer here.
I experienced fuel starved limp this past weekend at Barber. After turn four rise where car is unweighted under strong acceleration towards turns 5/6 on about 1/4 tank or little more of fuel. 2018 F80 CS on R7s. My buddy did also a hour later in same spot on track, in a 2017 F80 base on NT01s and roughly same fuel levels. I went into limp while his car stalled in addition to limp.

Fortunately neither were in a crowd or tight passing situation when it happened. We'll be fueling up more frequently from now on, but would be cool to see a solution for this issue.
Appreciate 0