11-30-2020, 07:21 AM   #1
DutchM3Comp
Registered
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 manual

Bootmod3 vs. MHD

Dear all,

I have been following quite a few threads on this forum for a while now, but have only just joined as a member today, as I have a specific question I would like to ask.

I know that there are separate threads dedicated to both Bootmod3 and MHD on this forum, and the difference between both applications has been discussed here and there as well, but so far I have not been able to find a conclusive answer (if that even exists) to my specific question anywhere. So please bear with me...

I live in the Netherlands and own a 2017 M3 with Competition Package (Euro spec). Just last week I purchased the full Thor M Flasher package and whilst I have not yet been able to do many kilometers since the install, my first impressions are very positive. Also I have been considering a flash tune such as Bootmod3 or MHD for some time now, and with the current Black Friday sales thought this might be the time to finally pull the trigger and give one of those a try.

Knowing that I have no desire to do any hardware changes to my car at all, also am not interested in any custom tunes, and so am just looking at the CS/GTS/Stage 1 software tunes, which application would you recommend? Bootmod3 or MHD?

Most important to me are:

- reliability;
- ease of use; and
- ability to flash back to stock (i.e. my OWN original Competition Package tune, not a generic stock F80 M3 Competition map or - God forbid - a generic map of the 'regular' 431ps M3, losing the uprated horsepower from the Competition Package!).

The price difference between the two is not so much of an issue; if Bootmod3 turns out to be the better option for my purposes, I will gladly pay the extra money.

Any considerations are most welcome!

Many thanks in advance and apologies if this subject has indeed already been extensively addressed in another thread that I have not yet stumbled upon!

Best,

Tom
Appreciate 0