03-21-2014, 06:02 PM   #58
Below Speed Limit
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
You are in the minority, which is a fact

The m6 got destroyed in the best drivers cars competiton by motortrend, and the 991 won two years in a row. Read te comments on handling and feel (or lack thereof) yourself.

http://m.motortrend.com/features/per...t_drivers_car/

I'm glad you like your m5, but it's not a sports car and in no way is better than a 991 or likely the m3 in any handling characteristics. No way

Moral of the story : eps doesn't mean it sucks at handling / steering and hps doesn't mean it's good. It's not that simple, not even close
I dont care what some magazine said about the M6.

I said this before in the other thread, I dont track my cars, I dont mod my cars, I dont dyno my cars. I drive them in the city and highway and some country roads thats all. Under these conditions, the Porsche felt like sh!t and M6 was the king. It may be totally different in some track somewhere in Germany, I could care less. I can speak for the "main street" if you know what I mean and I would never take EPS over the HPS in the new M5/M6 - never.

I can sit and argue here for you for regarding turbo vs NA or activesound or I6 vs V8, but for EPS, I wont argue, there is just no point - its that bad, period.

I also want to mention that handling is not all about steering. Porsche does handle better than an M6, but that doesnt mean its steering is better than M6's steering. I'd pick Porsche's handling over M6, but I'd pick M6's steering (just the steering alone) over Porsche's.

I think for track junkies who spend a third of their time in a year modifying their cars and dynoing them EPS might offer some benefits or may get them excited, but I'm not one of those people, heck if I were, I'd be driving a Subaru not BMW.
Appreciate 0