03-22-2014, 10:14 AM   #71
M4TW
///M Uber Alles
Canada
Rep
Drives: '15 MW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Below Speed Limit View Post
You are only telling the half of the story. You can get an M5 for the same (or in fact less) price as an M3, that's right, but that's because a) you can get an M5 at invoice pricing (which is what anyone who bought an E9X M3 on or after 2010 did including myself, so I disagree that it's an indication of cars not selling well), and b) more importantly, M3 is at sticker, 3% less residual, has no cash incentive, so ahem, you guys are getting ripped off a little bit
I think it's worth spending a little more to get the car you want with the latest and greatest in ///M Motorsport technology than an aging model. I'm sure that they will have tweaked the EPS system further for the next M5 model and then M5 drivers like you will get a chance to have it too. In the meantime enjoy the last (and arguably the best version) of the old belt and pulley driven system.