Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by termigni
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
my friend how are you!? I hope your new year has been off to a good start! My heart hurts as my two favorite BMW's simply do not excite me as their older generation and I am talking about the 3er and x5. I remember seeing my first e90 and falling madly in love, it was intense and passionate. When i saw my first e70 i couldnt stop thinking "damn what a beastly, sexy, militant vehicle that is, it oozes testosterone." When I saw my first X5M... well words cant describe it and they never will be able to. militant as FUCK, dominating presence. Putting my eyes on the first e90 m3, it was sex, pure visual sex with a nymphomaniac that one is deeply in love with.

I saw the new 3 series, instantly turned off by NUMEROUS styling cues. Same can be said for the new X5. new 5 series was "acceptable" but still not beefy enough for me. Bangle is my hero, he is my inspiration. I love him, I miss him dearly. I knew the moment he left BMW things would go down, but I certainly never imagined this. They have undone all of the hard work he has put into giving the cars their unique identity. this new philosophy of joined headlights, bloated hoods and massive vertical gills... i can go on. Its bullshit, and I am upset that i like this new M235 thing more than the new M3/4 and why? because no joined headlights. THE FUCK THAT SHIT IS PISSING ME OFFF!!!!!

I am angry. i am ohh so very angry. its tough standing by BMW blindly while everyone else is taking a dump on us, mainly AMG. I couldnt be fucked with anyone else, but these AMG's are killing the M's these days and I would be the last person to say this... i already want to delete that just because I should never say that but im gonna put it on record.

How the fuck is the new generation of M3's going to compete with its rivals? it wont, it will loose in terms of performance but will sell as BMW is simply relying on the power of the M symbol and they shouldnt. I remember the days where I could brag that any M would most likely destroy all of its competitors in class within all the M's. Now I cant even say that.

/end massive fucking rant.
Amen.
+1

BMW is in crisis!! There is no strategy. Selling appliances works but not at these prices and limp modes. Their R&D is clearly spent on "I" models that are bs. The fact that I am more excited about new Ford, Chevy, MB, Alfa, Nissan high perf vehicles than my BMW is disturbing. They are lost in the woods. It's a sad time for BMW.
Appreciate 0