View Single Post
      06-08-2015, 03:56 PM   #73
wazzza
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80x M3C

Garage List
I totally agree with OP that this is infuriating. But as others mentioned, the concern should have been raised with Steve Thomas/David as soon as OP noticed the tear, rather than taking it to the other dealership.

Personally, any "deal" needs both sides to work together. In the end, it is business -- one party gets the best deal they can, while the other party still makes some profit. But that being said, buying a car like a M car from a dealer you trust is also the beginning of a cordial, trustable relationship, that both parties must work hard to maintain. That is a scenario where both parties win.

OP made a mistake by not raising the flag to Steve Thomas. A concern was raised in the forums and the full story expressed from both sides. David already addressed the Mats issue. And I think the right thing here is for OP to own up to the mistake of not raising the flag in time, and discuss this directly with David now and see what can be worked out. Varied viewpoints with limited story on a forum, and bashing it out on the survey will not help anyone.

In the end, we want Steve Thomas to maintain their reputation and OP to get his car fixed. A 10 minute conversation face-to-face should take care of that.

Good luck!