01-20-2020, 09:39 AM   #74
TheBreeze
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeM3 View Post
And that's perfectly understandable. I also enjoy driving a lot which is why I could never have a Tesla as my only car
Being that you're in CA, I could totally understand an EV as a daily. The cost/benefit probably justifies it with such high gasoline costs and the amount of traffic. Every once in a while I toy with the idea of getting a daily EV, but in NC, gas prices are very reasonable and I simply don't drive enough miles in a year to justify the cost. Roads here have been getting more crowded, but it's still NOTHING compared to CA traffic. So for me at least, the only real benefit would be to have a car that's a "beater" and keeps the miles and door dings off the car I actually care about. True story - on busy days, it's not uncommon for me to spend 10 minutes driving around a parking lot waiting for a suitable parking spot to open up ... a spot where it's impossible for some idiot to slam their door into the side of my car. Those are the days where the thought of having a daily toaster appeal to me most.
Humdizzle6054.00