View Single Post
      01-20-2020, 01:10 PM   #81
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdskukm3 View Post
Your buddy probably hammers that pedal a lot since it's pretty easy to go fast in the the Model 3 Performance. I have the same car and my range stays consistent pretty much all the time. It's only when it gets really cold the range will start dropping.
Yes the BMW build quality is better. But the Model 3 quality is not that bad. I did have alignment and squeaking issues but that was all minor. I would not let that bother me or make me get rid of the car. The car is fantastic.
Or that owner drives fast on the freeways.

My average consumption in my model 3p over 26k miles is 285 wh/mile which translates to about 236 miles charging to 90%, so I’m looking for a charger every 200 mi or so. My usage is 50/50 of bumper to bumper (morning commute) and 65-75mph flowing traffic (evening commute).

It’s a similar range as my old 911 turbo which gets 16.7mpg combined.

Maybe it’s my own fault due to how my gasser is configured but there is an epic amount of noise in the cabin of my 911, due to the wide cup2 tires and loud exhaust, and the clutch is on the grabby side, with a light flywheel, so it’s a full attention required, physical drive. Great for fun driving, a bit rough for a 30-60min daily commute

My f80 was a champ for commuting, with 18s, passive suspension and dct. But the reason I let it go was when I wanted to have fun, it lacked some of the intangibles of the more focused sports cars. Maybe if there was a fixed roof z4 with s55.....

As an aside, if the g80 m3 has a level 3 driver assist system that can handle stop and go traffic and curving highways and local roads well, I would be pretty interested, especially if the hov sticker program goes away in a few years.
Appreciate 0