View Single Post
      04-18-2024, 08:05 PM   #7
Vmohan5072
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MineralWhiteF80 View Post
I have a Dragy (with their GPS antenna), and honestly, Dragy Lap has never worked for one reason or another. Each time I try it on a track day, something goes wrong, and it takes me the whole track day to figure out why because im already out on track when it needs to start working but wont. Then, when I fix one thing, something else goes wrong. For example, I tried using it at Road Atlanta, and it didn't work because cell reception wasn't good, so it couldn't download the files it apparently needed before the app let me start recording. All I could get is GPS speedometer readout. I've become so frustrated now that I dont even use it anymore because it will just piss me off further.

If you want to see lap times/sector information, there are much better options out there since Dragy was never designed to do anything other than straight line acceleration. And their main app is not good either.

If you are only going to use the GPS on your phone, HP Tuners TrackAddict works about as good as you can get, because your phone is the limiting problem. However, you can buy a used XGPS150A gps antenna on ebay for 50-70 bucks and pair that with TrackAddict, and it's wayyyy better than Dragy and gives you more information, and can also be paired with a GoPro.

You can also just use your GoPro and see what your lap times are by calculating start/stop times at a point on the track (usually the slowest part of the track gets the closest).

You can see that my iphone 14 gps gets a little crazy and i’m off track just a bit in turns 3 and 4 at Atlanta Motorsports Park lol

EDIT: also just want to point out that the phone GPS is not good enough to accurately calculate lap times, so it's basically pointless without a good GPS with a fast refresh rate LOL (as shown by my picture below)
I see, thank you for the input! I might just ditch the whole idea of a track analyzer for now and get a used GPS to use the proven and reliable apps when I become more experienced.
Appreciate 0