02-05-2014, 11:05 AM   #192
bmwluvr24
Driving Mika all over California.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmoore View Post
First, the important part: Come to Atlanta. We'll feed you guys a good steak. "Bones" is winning the Steak Safari my wife and friends and I have been on for a few months but the title is somewhat in dispute. Rathbun's Steakhouse is running a very close second.

Now, on to my question. From a novice: What is the difference between 18" and 19" wheels. I don't mean in the literal sense. I get it that they are a different radius. I'm asking what is the difference from a driver's perspective? Is there a difference in performance or is it just aesthetic? Are the tires radically different prices? Please and thanks for any explanation.
There are many who say that a set of 19s will actually decrease the weight since the tire has less substance due to thinner sidewall. I am not sure if anyone except maybe Niki Lauda could feel the difference in weight savings. That being said, the 19s are going to cost you more money to strap on tires. If I get a set of 4 staggered tires for my car with 19s, I am looking at $900 shipped. If I get 18s, I found prices in the $600 range for all 4. For me, I would prefer a set of 18s due to comfort of ride, but they wouldn't look right on the F80/F82. 19s almost look too small.