10-07-2013, 11:06 PM   #100
bmc335
Bimmer? I don't even know'er!
United_States
Rep
Drives: f10 550i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinla335d View Post
I think of it this way: As mean and awesome as the N/A M's are, this will eat them all. ESPECIALLY when tuned- holy moly.

For me, average income Joe, it is difficult to get an E90 M3 into the 500+crank HP range. With the next S55, that won't be the case at all and that is worth celebrating. But I've been in love with turbo cars since the golden age of japanese TT 6's (300z, 3000GT VR4 and Supra Turbo). I auto-x'd DSM's in the late 90's and they weighed more than this F80 M3 is going to weigh.

If some are mourning for now, that's cool. Weep with those who are weeping, but inside I am elated. Can't wait to see these on the road.
Well said, I feel the same.. I'm pretty sure this is going to be "The" car for years to come. Turbos generally equate to easy power gains in the tune department. Hopefully the turbos are a decent size and the intercooler is efficient enough to handle more heat. Cause if they are, there's going to be some exciting tunes with little to no other modification needed to get some nice power/torque increases (not that this thing will likely need them). Then we just need the turbos to be big enough to hold pressure through the RPM range and we have a winner. (It's all about the curves.. )

I guess we'll see soon. It's going to be tough giving up the S65 but I don't think I'll be able to resist.

They look to be pushing hard in these video's and the car looks good. So excited..
Appreciate 0