View Single Post
      07-19-2021, 06:38 PM   #25
ninekrpm
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80M3 (Track) / E92M3 (Street)

update...now w/pics

Thanks to IND for getting the GT4 bumper ordered, painted and shipped.

Received the bumper last week and completed the install this past weekend. In general, having gone through the install process, I would say the install is straight forward; perhaps rated 5/10 in terms of complexity. You do have to figure out a few things...

That said, I attempted to this without the GT4 bumper and must say it will raise the complexity to almost 10/10 if attempted with an OEM bumper - almost impossible to do it cleanly. Too much effort IMO to trim the lower side properly to mate with the splitter, in addition, lining up the holes would be very very difficult.

With what you spend on the splitter - almost not worth to do without the GT4 bumper. Pretty much everything lined up with the GT4 bumper...

That said, GT4 bumper is about 9#'s lighter - everything (grills, etc.) did move over the GT4 bumper, even the bmw roundel .

The fitment as everything came together is 9.5/10 and you do not need modify the lower brackets holding the outer two radiators. Otherwise, they hit the top part of the integrated brake cooling ducts. I simply used a wheel cutter to work through this.

Now that I have gone through it, I could do in 5-6 hours; assuming install is taking place with a GT4 bumper...

Pics coming soon...next up, GT4 wing which should arrive in the next few days.
Attached Images

Last edited by ninekrpm; 07-25-2021 at 06:18 PM.. Reason: added pics...
Appreciate 13