06-10-2017, 12:26 AM   #62
TurboM
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F82 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewM3driver
I have owned both a 2016 M3 6 speed manual and then upgraded to a 2017 M3 ZCP 6 speed manual. Hands down, you want the ZCP. They made so many little changes and it completely transformed the car.

The power delivery is smoother and more linear. The car handles much better. It sounds better. It puts the power down exiting corners FAR better and with less drama than the standard car. The 20's look fantastic and do not affect the ride. The seats are deeper and more comfortable. The black badging and striped seat belts are nice touches. All in all a far more refined mature driving car.
+1

I just went from a 2016 non-zcp to a 2018 zcp M4 and there are noticeable differences everywhere, as described, and in a good way. I feel like the M3/4 should have came this way in the beginning but looking back, the 2016 sure seems inferior in all aspects to the 2018 zcp. it's just so much smoother and refined. it's hard to describe to someone who hasn't had a significant amount of wheel time behind both.

To sum it all up, I wouldn't buy this car without the competition package knowing what I know now, especially if money isn't a big factor.

P.S. I really like the new black 666M wheels. I came from the black 437M wheels and they look and feel like a significant upgrade. To each their own of course...
Appreciate 0