View Single Post
      12-25-2013, 10:11 PM   #167
Penguino
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: A car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus
I can totally see where the OP is coming from. Instead of getting a true bespoke engine, you'd end up getting an tuned N55 engine and some nice carbon fiber parts that save the weight of a typical passenger, which is nice. BUT is it worth the extra money?? The suspension will also be better tuned and aluminum, but can you just bolt on the //M suspension arms like on the E9x plateform? If that's possible, you can already get around 400wHP out of the N55, so is it really worth the extra $$$.
Aus

This is not a tuned N55. While I see where you are comparing the similarities between both engines, the tuning, fueling, cooling, turbos, transmission, etc are all different. This will be a 390whp-420whp stock M3. If you prefer a 335 FBO over a stock M3 that makes the same power then that is up to each individual customer, but the braking, handling, interior, body, and overall driving dynamics will never be compared to a 335.

I heard the same comments coming from E90 335 owners saying a FBO is faster than an E90 M3. True, but is still not an M3.

I have owned both a 335 and an E92 M3 and there is no comparison. I have also driven a FBO 335 and it's a lot of fun to drive. Cannot imagine that power on a factory package, with 200lbs less, matched to a DCT transmission and paired with a nice widebody and carbon brakes.

We keep underestimating the new M3.