Dalko43
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by myzmak View Post
So delighted to note that you must have read this:

....but your wife/girlfriend/children/mother/dog/bottle-of-booze didn't dissuade you so 'post' you did....

Beyond that, frankly your first post partly explains why I created the thread. The 'common wisdom' that everyone thinks X or Y can become an institutional belief, but its often wrong. In fact, the link right at the start of the original post here was to a long post I created to challenge the 'common wisdom' that 'everyone thought the E9X was never criticized or beaten. Neither was true, as that first compilation showed (see here: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=989324)

So, mostly just for interest, I thought I would keep a compilation to document the historical record on the F8X - so that 5 years from now when someone says "everyone hated it / it always lost" or "it always won" we'd know. In other words, it is just to document the historical record in one place, rather than leaving it subject to the whims of collected wisdom, nostalgia and problematic memories.

(For instance, even the RC-F - at least one review gave it a win, so you'd be losing already on that score)

If you don't care about the history, that's cool, but I guess you can move along rather than posting on this thread - wouldn't that be the easier option that stays true to an apathetic ethos?
So essentially the reviews don't mean much, and by extension this thread doesn't mean much....thank you for answering my original question.