View Single Post
      05-13-2016, 12:50 PM   #16
Automotive Goals
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2000 M5, 2018 M550i, 2022 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egrunt View Post
Here is another update, in my prior postings when I listened to the stereo it has been with vehicle engine off. Today I started the vehicle and the rattling / vibrating I am hearing from the bass notes is now concealed with the engine running. It can still be heard but is reduced greatly with the vehicle engine running. My main concern is when I am sitting at a traffic light and people are in close proximity of the M3 hear this rattling sound. I am thinking about applying Dynamat below the sub enclosure on the floor board to see if it will help reduce or even eliminate the rattling from floor boards below the subs. My only concern is the thickness of the Dynamat while not huge I am worried it might interfere with the placement / fitment of the sub enclosure with the floorboard.
I just gave it a listen. With the car running, I really did not notice any rattling. With the car off, I can hear the rattling, only when the music is almost at 100%, below 80%, no rattles. The rattling even at 90% wasn't too bad. I listened with the windows up and doors closed. You can actually hear the bass outside. Sounded pretty good to me. The minimum rattling, I do not think is possible to completely get rid off, due to the fact that the subwoofers are so close to the bottom of the car. I also have the side skirts installed on my car, and they might have been shaking and making some rattling noise as well.

I do not have much complains about the rattling noise though. 15 feet away from the car, it is almost impossible to hear, unless you really pay attention.