View Single Post
      12-25-2013, 07:22 PM   #84
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
I know exactly why BMW delays the Comp package, it's all about selling cars. They've been doing this for a while and they know what works. BMW (they all do it) releases a new M*, let all the people get in line to get one of the first ones (that'd be me). Then they start to accumulate inventory, sales slow down, and then it's time for the comp package. They get all the media to do new reviews on the comp package. The media goes crazy saying that the M* should have been like this from day one. The comp package fixes all of our complaints we had about the M* original release and everyone (me again) get in line to get the new M* comp package.

It's funny reading about people waiting for the LCI on a car that is still 6 months from being released for sale. Especially in the case of the M4, the base 4 series has only been for sale for 3 months. the LCI is at least 3 years away.
... that's right for the M4 but the F80 M3 LCI will be in about 18 months or less, and that is if BMW does not pull a fast one and makes the M3 LCI next late-summer as a MY2015.
Appreciate 0