10-30-2013, 01:37 PM   #24
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R View Post
If the CCBs were not and the steel rotors are I think they would have a hard time justifying the up charge for them.

For me I don't think they're worth it given that pads and rotors are covered under the maintenance plan. It may go to the track a few times while I own it and I like the blue calipers better anyway.
If the CCBs are covered under warranty and they are offered for significantly less than they are on the M5 and M6, then I think they're a must even if one doesn't track simply for the significant reduction in unsprung weight. I felt a noticeable gain in weight when I went from 220Ms to 359Ms on my car, and that was around a 2-3 pound per corner difference, not a 7 pound difference like in the CC vs steel brakes.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem

Last edited by aajami; 10-30-2013 at 04:19 PM..
Appreciate 0