10-31-2013, 11:15 AM   #36
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef View Post
I can almost guarantee that the CCB's will NOT be covered by maintenance plan. that said, I think I'm going to take the plunge. My plan would be to get steel rotors for them when the CC rotors wear out - that's what a lot of the P-Car guys do when their rotors wear out. I have to imagine the aftermarket will quickly develop a set of steel rotors for them.

also, I don't expect them to be much cheaper than the CCB's on the M5/6, etc. although the rotors are slightly smaller, the M3 looks like it's going to get fixed, 4-piston calipers on the rear. A huge upgrade from the sliding calipers on the M5/6 CCB package.
Most Porsche people who track pull the rotors off, put them on a shelf, install steel and reinstall when it's time to sell. PCCB's wear as fast as steel on the track, not worth it. I have them on a GT3RS, tracked it once with ceramics and then replaced with steel.

One errant rock chip on ceramics and they're done, drop your wheel on the edge of the rotor, whatever...too fragile for real trackjunkies.
Appreciate 0