View Single Post
      03-14-2019, 02:05 PM   #118
Simmadown115
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Her:14 ESII 335iM /Me:15 SS M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4BR13L View Post
I am afraid that these numbers don't say anything about anything. For example for the 2014-2015 | 6MT | Stock model there were no reported issues but is it then okay to conclude that these cars are non-affected? Absolutely not, this just means that those that answered the poll had no issues. It says nothing more or less than that.

I have a 2014-2015 | DCT | Stock and from the poll there were 44 respondents with the same car and only 1 respondant had an issue. Does this mean there is a 2,27% change of having an issue? Does this mean that 1 out of every 44 F8x sold have this issue? No and No.

I hate playing the devils advocate but this numbers mean absolutely nothing.

It would be more interesting to know what the drivers were doing exactly when they had the issue. Was it a money shift? Where did redlining with the oil not yet on temperature? Were they just revving the engine to show off? Was it because of a kickdown with the DCT?

That more and more non-stock cars have this issue is somewhere normal I guess because BMW builds a car that can handle a specific power / torque within a specific set of parameters. You cannot possible expect to get more out of your engine without the necessary adjustments, maybe thus also including the crank hub.

That stock cars suffer from this I find peculiar and then I wonder what these drivers were doing. I cannot believe like some reported that it was just backing out from the garage. I call this B.S.
I do agree that people are embarrassed to admit that they are hooning or mis shifting when they have a SCH. I think DCT kickdown is surely a possible thing to point to. My primary focus was to show that tuned cars were reported more than the stock cars. Almost 100% for some years.
Appreciate 0