04-25-2020, 12:18 PM   #2438
mjames
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by figure99 View Post
I'm not 100% sure, but I think you should be good regarding the software version... I believe someone in this thread identified the date of the version required earlier than May 2017 but I couldn't find it.

The cost your shop quoted is on par with what many other shops are charging, but IMO it's still high based on the work required. Are they corner balancing the car as well? I had mine installed for $750 at a BMW dealer that had experience installing this specific kit, haven't had any issues. Many dealers or Indy shops don't have experience with it, so they seem to quote high.
I checked my ISTEP version is F020-16-11-502 ... will I need to get this updated before HAS installation, or am I good? Purchased in May 2017. If I need a software update, I will likely just get the whole thing done at the dealer... What I've read is if I don't need ISTEP upgrade, I just need an ICM re-calibration?

Seems like the newest ISTEP is around F020-19-11-538 or close.

2004 ///M3 - Carbon Black / Cinnamon [gone]
Appreciate 0