View Single Post
      12-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #59
thurston
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Front end on the E90 is so much cleaner and aesthetically pleasing than the F80. The lines on the F80's front end don't make sense. The line across the hood is atrocious. It complements nothing. The other lines on top of the hood are too busy. I think it would be much better with just one, as on the E90. They don't have purposeful placement or direction. There are just too many elements competing with each other IMO. The way the headlights smile is hideous. It is distasteful anthropomorphism. It implies a playful, whimsical expression while the rest of the car is aggressive, modern and business-like. Also, the air intakes look like labia.

The rest of the F80 is beautiful though. It's interior is exponentially better, but I'm not sure about the chrome accents on the steering wheel. I feel like the actual design should be tweaked a little as well. It has subtle vintage aspects that don't match up with the updated interior. Maybe the spokes/shafts that connect the hub of it to the wheel need to be a bit thicker closer to the hub so that there's more of a taper towards the wheel?

With that said, I haven't actually seen the F80 M3 in person yet - only the F80 3-series.

Last edited by thurston; 12-18-2013 at 03:27 PM..
Appreciate 0