11-21-2017, 09:09 AM   #34
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 Nissan Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Kinda, sorta.

The 'vert is 500lbs heavier (so 2 or 3 buddies in the car with you) and you're definitely going to feel that, but only if you swap cars back and forth. Plus, the 'vert has more traction, especially with the top down. (not to mention the supreme joy of tossing that fat ass!)

So if you're track driving, there's no doubt the coupe/sedan will handle MUCH better, but on the roads day-to-day, the 'vert will give you less wheel spin and is easier to launch. (anybody that's lived in a high snow region and thrown a few sand bags in the trunk in the winter knows what I'm talking about)

Also, compared to the E93, this car was built to be a 'vert, not retrofitted from the coupe. Anybody with years of experience in both can tell you the F8x is night/day in handling compared to the E9x. The F8x is truly a topless coupe.

So, as 'verts go, the F8x is finally in that porsche zone of being basically a heavier coupe, rather than having all kinds of twist and cowl shake like most other 'verts (I'm looking at you Audi and Benz).

All of that said, it comes down to: do you want a high performance convertible?

Add in the feature of the hard top and the F8x is about the only game in town in its performance category.
Thanks for posting this, I learned a few things from your post (as always) and yes, despite being heavier, the added traction to the added weight at the rear is an added bonus. I've never driven the coupe M4 to be honest but damn this M4 vert is definitely one of the best handling cars I've ever driven. Even when it loses traction at the rear end, you feel you are in total control and know where the car is going.

Don't forget the extra aural pleasure that comes along when you put the top down, man you hear the exhaust as if it was right next to your ear it's addicting!
LUX H8 189 Angel Eyes

2023 Nissan Z Performance (Ikazuchi Yellow)
Appreciate 2
GrussGott18116.50
Djvolume214.50