View Single Post
      08-13-2021, 07:57 AM   #3
Shubacca
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, E36/7 M Roadster

Well, I'm not sure I believe what they told me entirely...

He did say that the paint was actually in fairly rough shape and showed me pictures and videos of them doing the paint correction. When the owner of the place addressed the white filled chips, he said that what I'm seeing is actually the primer under the paint. That's the part I don't buy. He said the ceramic is clear. Yes, I understand that is dries clear, but has a white haze to it when it's applied.

The reason I don't believe him (or thing that he's bs-ing me) is because his guys that did the job were not careful when the did the roof (I have a sunroof) and there is ceramic on the gasket that surrounds the glass - white residue. Looks like when you get wax on weather stripping.

Instead of cleaning that off for me, he said I could use a toothbrush with any degreaser to clean it off. Well, I went home and tried that - nope. The ceramic on the roof gasket is not coming off easily, assuming that's what it is. Looking at it up close actually makes me second guess whether it's previous damage from lazy waxing/polishing or just wear and tear...?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0