Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
i can respect what you said here.

although i still feel the E46 engine (S54) does have some things in common with S65. in the high revving n/a engine. although its a inline 6. so it does have some things in common with both S65 and S55.

this is the first time a M3 is getting a turbo. even though it is a I6 engine. so its still a new style of engine for M3. and it has something to prove to us. i think this "The S55 is more equal to previous M engines." is used little to loosely. i would hold that statement until the reviews are out. this new engine is going to have a very different feel over all the last generations. could be great, could be ok or could be bad.

i agree the S65 and S85 were made in a different BMW era so it is unfair to compare at times though.

although i am not going to keep fighting this new turbo engine. i will give it a fair test drive and welcome it to 2014.
EZIO: I meant it's more similar to previous generation M engines as it's based on a regular production engine. It's obviously different since it's turbo...
Appreciate 0