View Single Post
      11-13-2013, 11:34 PM   #80
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Definitely second the comments about how parking garages always make cars sound better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by conradb View Post
Reading the comments here I want to gouge my eyes out. The stupidity is enormous. They say the same shit every damn generation. This car will probably be a brutal track monster, and will destroy the E9x M3. I'm an E92 M3 owner, I absolutely love the S65, but I'm very much looking forward to rinsing the new F80 on the track. It sounds great, and the exterior looks leagues better than the E9x ever did, AND I OWN ONE.
Agree fully on the raw performance but there is more to cars than simply the numbers they achieve. There is much to be said for the thrill of the experience and acoustics (and of course redline) is ABSOLUTELY a key component of the thrill factor of any sports car. BMW, with or without an aftermarket exhaust will be taking a step backwards with regards to acoustics, redline and the associated thrill and enjoyment of those with the new FI cars.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0