View Single Post
      12-03-2020, 12:45 PM   #87
irunalot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera S

My car is an 18 ZCP 6MT. This has been the progression so far and why:

Stock: Nice but a bit dull and way to high so I wanted it lowered. Nothing crazy I’m more about performance then stance.

MP-HAS: Decided to go down this route as it lowered the car to where I wanted and it handled better. The catch here is the dampers. The rebound are way to slow and the car feels unsettled by road imperfections. Freeway ramps with expansion joints are a good example. If its this bad on the road it will x10 worse on a track.

MS-HAS/CS Coding: Much better rebound damping in comfort. Sport and Sport+ introduce so much compression that the rebound cannot catch it quickly enough so the car pitches (front to read) over imperfections. The dampers just are not that great, no way around that. They are always behind and not offering enough damping and speed.

Bilstein B16 Damptronic with adjustable H&R sway bars/SPL end links/camber plates/corner balance: (In theory at this time) After some research I’m aiming for a good compromise for a 10% track and 90% street driven car. I may do 4-8 track days a year and just want something that is fast enough but stable at ~85%. To me track prepped “focused” cars feels great on the street. Will probably install the monoball thrust arm bushings as well. Did not go with the KW as some they are soft and when looking at other platforms the Bilstein’s seem like the preferred choice of the track focused drivers and was also recommended by my installer that does a lot of work on German cars with a heavy track focus.

I have installed coil overs on all most of my cars in the past but wanted to try the MP-HAS route as I still have two years of warranty left. All I can say is I tried. I am all ears for any suggestions and comments.

Last edited by irunalot; 12-03-2020 at 03:25 PM.. Reason: Typing while in a meeting is a bad idea
Appreciate 0