View Single Post
      05-15-2023, 04:52 PM   #573
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanmohammed View Post
Hey guys I’m taking my 19’ m4cs to the track soon for a HPDE. It’ll be my first time, so what are the main things I should bring with me to the track.

Also going to be putting trackarmour on the front bumper and other panels to prevent rocks from destroying my paint.

My car is at 13k miles now and the brake fluid hasn’t been changed as far as I know, I just got oil changed at 12.1k miles last month. Tires are PSS with good tread on them.

Should I get the brake fluid changed? Should I use a different fluid if so

The stock pads aren’t gonna be toasted after one HPDE right?
Yes get your fluid changed if you don't know when the last time it was done is. Your pads will be fine, you won't be fast enough yet to worry about them yet. Tires will be great for the occasion as well. Be sure to bring:

- Water; drink around 12-16oz of fluids between sessions.
- Snacks; eat small portions between sessions to keep your glycogen levels in check. You will be physically and mentally challenged all day, and both burn energy fast.
- Hat + Sunscreen

For the car specifically, I would just say:

- Don't be afraid to use efficient throttle, I prefer it on track for mid-corner throttle balance / adjustments.
- Don't be afraid to dial back the DCT, I exclusively use S2 and never S3.
- Don't drive over your limits - F8X is a lot of car to handle and can get you into trouble very quickly, so don't push yourself into uncomfortable territory.

For the day:

- Get a ride with someone fast (usually an instructor) so you can understand the type of speeds that you will work up to over time.
- I assume you have an instructor, but if you don't, definitely get one. Not only do they teach you how to drive on track but they also provide invaluable commentary on the track itself (where to put the car, what lines to take, what to look for, etc.)

It's gonna be a lot of sensation coming at you very fast all day, but it's going to be a lot of fun too. Go out, stay relaxed, and enjoy the day. You will come out of it a better driver.