View Single Post
      06-20-2014, 03:08 PM   #656
Jockey
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 992 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt_OH View Post
2. If you have examples of claims of BETTER throttle response than the S65, please call it out right now. I say it's inferior and almost always it'll be far, far worse. Otherwise BMW wouldn't have tried to address it with the super sport mode or whatever it's called.
That's not what you said ol' sport. Here's what you said:
Quote:
...no legit track test has liked the throttle response.

Quote:
The point was that I really don't care if it's exactly an n55 with a tune; effectively it's the same - a 3L turbo motor that just like the N54/N55 runs out of steam before 6k rpm but does make nominally more hp nearly to redline in the 7k range, sounds muted and suffers from significant lag.
Your ignorance is showing. And the underlined part is factually untrue.

Actually, most of that entire statement is just totally wrong. Multiple people have done the math and shown the optimum shift point is 7300 RPMs. Why? Because it's still making max power and an upshift and keeps you perfectly in the max power band.

Quote:
As long as I can afford it, my performance car will have unique, special and cool features such as a super responsive, stratospheric revving V8 engine and a cool transmission such as DCT.
You act like BMW (and the S65 specifically) was the only V8 engine ever put into a car. It's a special engine, no doubt but it's not the epitome of the M3 line. If it was the end all be all, why did a V8 only find it's way into an M3 once?
Appreciate 0