09-13-2019, 11:34 AM   #31
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
We've all participated in high school physics, these are ignorant statements made without the consideration of the most important factor of all which is weight. Cars go faster when they weigh less and two 2.5" pipes will greatly outweigh one single 3.5" pipe. Weight is the primary advantage when switching from a dual pipe setup to a single and strapping on a 5" dual exhaust isn't somehow going to make you a 2000whp dragster.

A 3.5" diameter tube has been proven to support up to 1100whp without restriction whereas two dual 2.5" pipes used in this example will weigh more than 20lbs more than the single and will create more friction due to the smaller circumference. The weight loss of a 3.5" pipe is your biggest advantage.

It's silly to think that you need to flow enough to support more than 1100whp when you're not planning on breaking half of that.

In all honesty, I believe I was reinforcing what you wrote in the above quoted text rather than bashing your product. I used high school physics to illustrate practically what you've written about huge HP numbers. I also stressed how decatting was almost definitely more valuable than a negligible 2.1% less cross sectional area. We're on the same team, man
Appreciate 0