09-20-2019, 06:12 AM   #36
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntgarage44 View Post
In all honesty, I believe I was reinforcing what you wrote in the above quoted text rather than bashing your product. I used high school physics to illustrate practically what you've written about huge HP numbers. I also stressed how decatting was almost definitely more valuable than a negligible 2.1% less cross sectional area. We're on the same team, man
I apologize if I came off defensive as it was not my intent nor was it directed towards you. The point is that two 2.5" pipes weigh significantly more than one 3.5" pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrtrx View Post

I understand the weight saving but on your sight I believe you said it was an 18 rwhp increase? Was that actually ever tested? I cant find any results on that.
These were independent results from a customer.

All sales aside, IMO the gains were solely based on the fact that there's less restriction in the system due to the loss of the secondaries. The gains are realized in the upper RPM range due to the loss of restriction and increase in flow.

With that said, most people choose to go with the single midpipe over the twin to combat the natural raspy S55 engine note. The couple dozen pounds you save is an added benefit
Appreciate 0