11-24-2021, 11:01 PM   #20
S1NGH
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0B View Post
Morning chaps. New F82 M4 comp owner. I've been frequenting the F30 forum since having a 330d, then whilst owning an F15 X5 for three years.

Lockdown has reduced my miles dramatically like most and I've needed an M-car since being a young man - like most.

Whilst the X5 and the 330 were bought new, I've always done ok at finding a diamond in the rough and feel the M4 is one of those. I got the spec I really wanted - San Marino blue with Opal White leather. I'd been refreshing BMW AUC for a few weeks when this popped up - apparently I called within ten minutes of the ad going live, they'd not even cleaned it.

It is LCI and had just 17k miles so I stuck a deposit down and got the deal done. The dealer said they had a LOT of calls that day.

It's turned out to be absolutely mint. Not a single blemish to be found - almost curiously so but I did as much DD as possible.

I'm around four weeks into ownership. My friend @tengocity has seen it in the flesh.

Dislikes: Sellotape style tyres flicking up every single stone, rattling left door card (going in next Friday - they've committed to sorting), why the seats couldn't be 1cm lower / the roof 1cm higher so the poxy rear can be accessed easier.

I'm learning that SM blue will be a real labour of love! It's just had a stage 1 machine polish plus ceramic coating.

It's missing some carbon goodies which I'll sort out at some point soon.

Waffle over.
Nice one Rob - long time no speak, I've been away from the app for a year or two…

Beautiful car you've got there mate!!

I've done exactly the same and just bought a 2017 LCI M4 in Silverstone….the 530d is now sold after 3.5 years of great ownership.

M4 details and photo to follow soon after collection in the next couple of weeks all the way from Scotland…

Be good to do a M4 meet up in the new year.

Cheers
Paul