10-30-2017, 10:22 PM   #7
dut
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by narkotic View Post
Interesting! First I've heard from someone doing one of these in California. Gives me hope - but I guess it all comes down to how back-logged the DMV is.

Do you recall during the process them alerting you that they had to request the paper title?
Nah, long forgotten.

Here are the emails from BMW, although they don't help much. Lol.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

05/06/2015

Assumption Stage 2 Documents Received

Dear Dut:

We would like to inform you that one set of lease assumption documents has been received. We will perform a quality check on this set of documents and contact the appropriate party if anything is missing. Once we receive the lease assumption documents from both parties, we will communicate this to you via email.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

05/11/2015

Assumption Stage 2 Complete

Dear Dut:

We are pleased to inform you that both sets of lease assumption documents have been received. Both sets of documents are accurate and complete. We will begin preparing the final set of documentation. This will be completed within five (5) business days and an email will be sent to you when these documents have been placed in the mail via United States Postal Service.

05/15/2015

Assumption Complete

Dear Dut:

We are pleased to inform you the lease assumption is complete and a confirmation letter for your records has been sent to you via United States Postal Service. This email confirms that you are authorized to give the vehicle to Blah Blah.