Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M/// View Post
What I don't understand is why would the dealer charge for a software update and be reluctant to do one for free. All devices have updates from time to time (iPhone, etc.) and they are basically improvements, bugs that have been resolved over the previous software. Why would this not be free?
Because your car would take a bay up in the workshop, a tech has to do the upload etc...

If the dealer is targeting service bays and techs time to a revenue/profit stream (all will do of course) it comes down to a good will gesture and some people will have more good will than others.

I know at my dealer if I ask the right people I'll get little things done for free but if I go through service reception there is a high likely hood that the standard tariff kicks in for anything.
THIS

That's why I had mine written up as a complaint and safety issue. Then it becomes a warranty issue and the dealer gets paid from BMW for the repair/time
Can u share your write up please?