jbockrd
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 Alpine White/Carbon M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper_M3 View Post
Because it's higher performance.

It sounds like I'm being sarcastic about this, but I'm not. Even knowing absolutely nothing about what the "upgraded" package (whether it be the M3 Competition Package, or the Z06) is like, you can be sure that--by the nature of it being the higher performance package--it will be higher performance.

Many people who like a car prefer to purchase it in the highest performance trim possible. There's no reason to wait for that. Some people won't feel the need for the Competition Package, and they can still purchase the base model if they feel so inclined. For those who DO want the competition package, though, if they purchase the base model (because they like the car) and the Competition Package arrives 1 year later (with news of the competition package's arrival not coming until AFTER they purchase), they will feel jilted by BMW.
Understood. I don't see the competition package as a trim level, so I get your point. I see it for the track and to some just for the wheels. I seldom track my car. I wish I had more time to get into it. Thanks for the reply